Statistics about Mental Health
- 792 million people lived with a mental health disorder in 2017 across the world
- 970 million people suffer from mental or substance use disorders across the world
- Only 50.6% of U.S. youth aged 6-17 with a mental health disorder received treatment in 2016
- Only 43.3% of U.S. adults with mental illness received treatment in 2018
- 1 in 5 adults in the United States experiences a mental health condition in a given year
- Half of all lifetime mental health conditions begin by age 14 and 75% by age 24. Early intervention programs can help.
These statistics are from the National Alliance on Mental Illness and Our World in Data, resources that are linked below